At Perlesque we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The Perlesque team are avid internet shoppers and therefore fully understand and appreciate the importance of your data privacy and security when using our site.
Perlesque is registered as Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number xxxxxxx) and only processes the personal data you provide us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy and data protection legislation as updated from time to time.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal data, or if you have any other privacy related queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
When you make a purchase from Perlesque or use our Services we may collect the following personal and non-personal data about you
- Your name, age and sex
- Your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone number (including mobile phone number) and email details. If your chosen delivery address is in Russia we may also need to collect your passport number for Russian custom procedures to allow your parcel to arrive safely at its destination.
- Where you register an account with us, your user name and password, and your order history
- Where you place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and shopping preferences
- Your browsing and shopping activities
- Your date of birth
- Your interests, feedback and survey responses
- Your location and IP address (depending on the location settings of the device or media through which you access our site or Services)
We may also collect some of this personal data when you access and browse our site or Services or when you sign up to receive our newsletters or contact our Customer Care Team with a query. If you access any of the Perlesque social media pages and accounts, depending on your personal account settings on such media, you may also consent to them passing your personal details to us. We would advise you to check your personal account settings on all social media platforms before you choose to interact with us on them, if you do not wish to consent to their sharing of your personal data with us.
HOW WILL WE USE & STORE YOUR DATA?
Using your data
We will only collect, keep, use and share your information
- (a) for genuine business purposes such as processing your order (whether through guest checkout or through a registered account) or fulfilling a request from you to use your data for a specific purpose to which you have consented, such as sending you our newsletter or keeping your personal data from guest checkout to enable you to more easily set up an account at a later date, or
- (b) where we’re legally required to do so
– after which, we will delete your information.
We, and any trusted third party partners we might use in the processing of your order, such as payment processors or delivery agents, may collect, store and process your personal data in the following ways:
- If you choose to register an account with us, we will use the information you provide to set up, and manage your account, record and manage your orders and the delivery of your orders, and any subsequent returns and so that we can communicate with you about your orders and your account.
- If you have registered an account with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via the communication channels you have selected. Please contact our Customer Care Team if you wish to change any of your marketing preferences, including unsubscribing from our mailing list.
- Occasionally we engage trusted and reputable third party suppliers to perform functions on our behalf such as delivery agents or, fraud protection agencies and credit card payment processors. We provide such suppliers only with the personal information they need to perform their functions and contractually ensure that they do not use it for any other purpose and that they process such information in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. We vet these suppliers closely to ensure that they can be trusted and accountable with your data.
- If we sell or merge our business our customer information will form part of that sale or merger as a business asset. However we will inform you if such an event is going to occur so that you have the opportunity to choose not to share your information and to request us to delete it from our records.
- Where we have your consent to do so, and you have chosen to link your Perlesque account with one of our social media accounts such as Facebook or Twitter and to publish your activity to them, we may share your information with these companies depending on your account settings with them.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, and find out from you what we could do better
STORING YOUR DATA
We strive to make sure your information is protected as securely as possible when we hold it. As soon as we receive your information, we use industry best standard security features and procedures to protect the personal information that you provide us and to prevent unauthorised access to that information. For example:
- We offer secure “https” access to the transactional parts of our Website. This includes to existing SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) access over mobile devices which encrypts the information you input.
- Access to your data on our site is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Perlesque Checkout processes. Therefore when you have your checkout page open or you receive your order confirmation you will only see the last 4 digits of your stored credit card number displayed, so that it is not inadvertently seen by people surrounding you as you proceed with an order. To further secure your credit card, we don’t keep details of the security code (or CCV number) so that you need to input this each time you place an order using your credit card.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal data. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally ask you for proof of identity before we disclose your account information or personal details to you.
- To protect any data you store on our servers, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, as well as carrying out penetration testing of our own on those systems to try to identify possible improvements.
- We use a tier-one secured-access data centre to store all of our customer data.
We do our best to protect your personal data while we hold it. Unfortunately, security cannot be guaranteed on the internet. There are therefore a number of general things we would also recommend that you do to keep your data and account security safe:
- Use a strong random password that includes characters such as numbers and symbols in addition to capital and lower case letters of the alphabet, and change this password regularly.
- Do not use the same password across all or many of your online accounts.
- Do not communicate confidential information such as your user name and password through emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication as these are not encrypted.
- Ensure you sign out of your account when using a shared or public computer.
HOW WE DON'T USE YOUR INFORMATION
- WE WILL NOT sell your personal information to any third party
- WE WILL NOT share your personal information with third-party advertisers or ad networks
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We only keep your information for as long as it is needed for genuine business purposes with your consent or if we are required by law to do so. In general we keep the information you provide us while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide you with customer support.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE TO VERIFY, CHANGE OR ASK US TO DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- You can verify the details you have submitted to us by contacting our Customer Care Team. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and other identifying personal details.
- You can also contact our Customer Care Team to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by us regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through the Perlesque Social Media channels, that information may remain visible, even after you have deleted the information from your account.
- You can withdraw or modify your consent to our collection and processing of the information you provide at any time. You can do this by changing your account settings or contacting our Customer Care Team. Please be aware that doing so may restrict your activities on our site and Services.
- You can link or unlink your Perlesque account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), also by changing your account settings on that service.
- You can close your account through your account settings or by contacting our Customer Care Team. If you close your account it will be deactivated and account information will be deleted within 30 days of account closure. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam or to help process refunds for faulty goods in the future). Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through the Perlesque Social Media channels for example, that information may remain visible, even after you have closed your account. You can continue to shop with us through the guest checkout process should you wish to do so.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. This can be done through your account settings, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications or newsletters that we might send you, or by contacting our Customer Care Team. Please note that this might take a few days for our systems to update and you might receive a small number of emails from us while we process your request, but we will do our best to ensure this is activated as quickly as we can.
- You can request a copy of the personal data we hold on our systems about you at any time by contacting our Customer Care Team and submitting a data subject access request. We won’t charge you anything for this, but we might need to ask some further questions to confirm your identity and the remit of your request before we provide the requested information.