Terms & Conditions | Perlesque
WHO WE ARE
In these terms and conditions references to “we”, “us” or “our” refer to SJP London Limited, trading as Perlesque ( “Perlesque”) and references to “you” or ”your” refer to our valued customers - users of Perlesque.com (the “ Website” or “site”) and buyers of the products sold on this site.
This Website is owned and operated by SJP London Limited with Company Number 08951642 which has its registered office at 30 Portland Place London W1B 1LZ and Perlesque is the owner and seller of all the products featured for sale on this site.
We are always keen to hear from our customers and users of our site, so please feel free to contact our customer care team here, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our site or products. We’d love to hear from you.
GENERAL TERMS REGARDING THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE
Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website, any connected social media accounts and any apps run by us (the "Services") are subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms and Conditions, as may be updated by us every now and again. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms and Conditions and you are advised to screenshot and keep copies of the Terms and Conditions applicable at the time of each use of the Website for your records should you wish to do so.
Access to the Services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website or Services for maintenance or other business reasons but we will do our best to keep these to a minimum.
We reserve the right to close an account if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts or misuses any of our Services in any way.
The Services may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current as we update content regularly and very occasionally our IT platform may experience a glitch or fail to update in a timely manner. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. For this reason we reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders that you may place based on information on the Services that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies. However we will always let you know if there have been any issues with the orders you place as soon as we can so that you can choose whether or not to go ahead with an amended order fully understanding the updated information.
You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us and you may make purchases from the site using a guest log-in without activating a customer account, although we will require you to give us sufficient information for payment and delivery of the goods you buy. If you log in as a guest and make a purchase from the site, we will ask you if you would like us to keep these details on our records to enable faster account set up should you wish to register an account with us in the future. If you do not consent to this we will not store the details you provide to us in guest checkout except for the purpose of processing your order or if you have opted in to receive our newsletters and marketing communications. Certain areas of the Website and certain Services are only accessible to you if you have a registered account.
We are a business to consumer site. Our site is not a business to business seller. For wholesale enquiries for any of our products, or any press enquiries please contact our customer care team who will redirect your query to the appropriate business team.
In order to access our site you must be over 18 years of age.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF SALE WHEN YOU BUY PRODUCTS FROM US?
In order to contract with us for the purchase of goods, you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank or payment method acceptable to us. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro and Paypal. Please be aware that when choosing Paypal you will be redirected to the Paypal site to complete your payment. For more details on what payment methods we accept please click here.
When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds in your chosen payment method to cover the cost of the goods and any applicable delivery charges.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to these Terms and Conditions and the applicable details on the product page. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement to let you know we have received your order and will not constitute acceptance of your order. Your order will only be accepted and a contract between you and us for the purchase of the goods formed when your payment has been approved by us and we have debited your credit or debit card.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. This is not a credit check, will not affect your credit rating and is standard practice for internet sellers to help keep customers secure when online shopping and prevent fraud. Goods will not be dispatched until this pre-authorisation check has been completed, which usually occurs in a short timeframe. Your card will be debited once the order has been accepted.
International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate and may add an additional administration charge to payments made with international credit cards. We advise you to check with your bank or credit card issuer as to what these charges will be before paying for your purchase with such cards.
If your order is accepted we will inform you by email that your order has been confirmed and your products are on their way to you. This email will also list the items and values within your order and the total cost and will constitute your online receipt for the goods you have purchased, so please keep this safely. When you receive your products, you will also receive a hard copy receipt.
Your privacy is of paramount importance to us and your purchase will appear discreetly on your bank or credit card statement as a debit from SJP London Limited.
Please be aware that the goods sold through our Websites are not suitable for children under 18 years of age, so please take extra care if purchasing goods as gifts, for under 18’s.
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If the order is cancelled and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund as soon as possible.
Prices shown for products on our site are inclusive of VAT, where this applies.
We retain the right to refuse any request or order made by you whether before or after processing has begun, and to close your account at our sole discretion if we believe it is being misused.
DELIVERY OF YOUR PURCHASE
We will deliver the items you have purchased to you in discreet, secure plain packaging as soon as we can so you can comfortably accept delivery wherever you choose without worrying that anyone will know what you have bought.
We deliver by Royal Mail Tracked and Special Delivery so that you can rest assured that you will be able to track your package from the moment it leaves us from here in the UK until you receive it at your chosen destination.
Orders that are placed before 3pm are dispatched the same day (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays) and orders placed after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day. Orders placed after 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched by 1pm the following day.
The costs of delivery will depend on where you want your parcel delivered to and how quickly you want it delivered. More delivery information and delivery pricing can be found here. All delivery charges will be included in your basket at the checkout page so you can easily see what the total amount you are paying will be.
We do ship internationally to most countries; if your country of delivery is not listed within our delivery information, please contact our customer care team and we will try our best to help you with a solution
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure events for which, unfortunately, we cannot be responsible.
If you order goods from our site for delivery outside the UK please be aware they may be subject to import duties and taxes on arrival at the chosen destination. You or the person to whom the parcel is addressed, if this is not you, will be responsible for the payment of any such charges and will be the importer of record for the goods. Please note that we do not have control over these charges and cannot predict what they will cost and we advise you to contact the local customs authorities at the destination for delivery to find out more information before placing your order. Please also be aware that when completing any customs declarations to send your parcel to your chosen destination, we may have to include reference to the contents of the parcel, but we will at all times try our best to protect your privacy and act with discretion.
Please also be aware that certain countries do not allow the import of goods such as those sold on our site and that parcels may be opened and inspected and the contents may be confiscated on arrival. We try our best to limit delivery to these countries where we are aware that there are such legal restrictions, but it is your responsibility to ensure that your chosen delivery destination is not located in a country where the import of such goods are prohibited, before you place your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are complying with all laws and regulations for the country into which the products are received.
If the goods you have ordered do not arrive within a few days after their expected delivery date as specified on your order confirmation email and as shown on the tracking information for the parcel, or arrive damaged in transit on their way to you, please get in touch with us here so that we can help you sort this out promptly.
We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website.
Unless otherwise stated in the copy of the area of the site detailing the promotion, the below conditions relate to all promotions, competitions and discount codes. Any conditions of use additional to those listed below relating to any discount code will be specified at the time of issue. By using the promotional discount code you will be deemed to have read and understood these below conditions, together with any other additional conditions specified at the time of issue and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Promotional codes are a combination of letters and numbers and should be entered on the checkout page for the discount to apply. The discount will be itemised within the total order so you can easily see how much you have saved.
- Only one promotion code can be used per order on full price items.
- Promotional codes can only be used on purchases made from registered accounts, not for purchases made by customers logging in as a guest.
- A promotional code can't be used after an order has been placed.
- Promotional codes do not apply to delivery charges or the purchase of gift vouchers.
- Each promotional code will have a maximum pre discount purchase amount or a maximum number of orders against which it can be applied, which will be notified to you at the time of issue. The code will be invalid once these limits have been reached or after the code has expired.
- If the promotional code has expired, then you shouldn’t try to use it. Expiry dates will be specified at the time of issue in the communication you receive with the code itself.
- You can’t swap your promotional code for cash. It has no cash value.
- If you’ve been given a promotional discount code, then it can only be used by you on your registered account purchases for the purpose for which it was issued. Please keep it confidential and only use it for your own purchases through the Website, and do not forward or transfer it to anyone else.
- Look after your promotional code, because we are not obliged to provide you with a replacement and abuse of the code if it inadvertently gets lost and used by someone else will result in its cancellation.
- Product exclusions may also apply. We will let you know if the promotional code can’t be used against certain products in your basket before you complete your purchase.
- Any refund you may be entitled to for purchases made using discount codes will not include the redemption value of the promotional code. You will only receive the amount you paid towards the final basket price, less delivery charges.
- If you do use your promotional code in any of the ways listed above or in a way that we consider abuses the spirit in which the promotional code was issued, then we can cancel or withdraw your promotional code at any time, without letting you know beforehand.
We offer you the opportunity to purchase gift vouchers for use on our site so that you can easily share your love of the site and our products with your friends. The below conditions specify the use of gift vouchers on our site. By purchasing or using a gift voucher, you will be deemed to have read and understood these below conditions, together with any other additional conditions specified at the time of issue and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for xxx months, and you don’t have to spend them all at once. One or more gift vouchers can be used in a single order. Once a gift voucher has expired you will no longer be able to use it.
- Gift Vouchers can be used towards payment of delivery charges, but cannot be used to purchase further gift vouchers. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift Vouchers can only be used for purchases made from registered accounts, not where purchases are made by customers logging in as guests.
- If returns are made on goods bought using a gift voucher, any applicable refunds will be made by gift voucher to the registered account holder that placed the original order and to whose account the gift voucher has been locked. If you are eligible for a refund and the original order was placed partially using a gift voucher for payment, then that proportion of the refund will be returned by gift voucher to the registered account holder that placed the original order and locked to their account, and any balance of the refund will be returned through the original payment method.
- Once a gift voucher has been locked to a customer’s account, the gift voucher becomes their property and can be viewed as a credit on their account details.
- After a gift voucher has been locked to a customer’s account, we reserve the right for account security purposes, to refuse to discuss the gift voucher further, with the individual who initially purchased it.
- We cannot be responsible if a gift voucher is stolen, damaged, impaired, corrupted, destroyed, deleted or used without permission. Therefore please keep your gift voucher safe and secure.
- We cannot be responsible for gift vouchers that cannot be delivered due to the recipient’s spam filters, firewalls, mailbox capacity or any other factors outside our control. We advise you to check with the recipient that they have received the gift voucher and to check that the email address you provide us for delivery of the gift voucher is accurate and able to receive emails from us.
- A gift voucher may be cancelled and refunded to the Purchaser provided that the purchaser cancels such gift voucher with fourteen (14) calendar days of purchase of the gift voucher and that the gift voucher has not been partially or fully redeemed or locked to the recipient’s account. Should you wish to cancel a gift voucher please contact us here.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Protecting your personal data is of paramount importance to us. As internet users ourselves, we understand that the security of the data we hold on you in your customer account must be secure.
CAN YOUR RETURN PRODUCTS FOR A REFUND OR CANCEL YOUR ORDER WITH US?
The below Returns Policy and Cancellation Rights do not affect your additional statutory rights. For items received that are faulty, please get in touch with our Customer Care Team who will help get a replacement out to you as soon as we can or issue you with a refund for the faulty item and any delivery charges you may have paid and arrange for its return to us at our cost.
OUR RETURNS POLICY
- You can return any item for a refund within 30 days of receiving your original order, providing that it is still completely sealed in its original in packaging and has not been opened or tampered with in any way. For hygiene reasons we cannot accept returns for any items that have been opened or partially opened and that the sealsa re still in tact on the products as they arrived.
- Once we receive back eligible items for return we will issue your refund and contact you to let you know that we have done so. Depending on your bank’s internal processes, which are outside our control, you should expect to see the refunded amount in your account within 5-10 working days.
- If you want a different item, then you'll need to return the unwanted item for a refund and place a new order.
- We will refund the price you purchased your item at. This includes sale items or items sold under a promotional discount. All refunds will be returned via the original payment method used to place the order. Unfortunately we do not refund any delivery charges you may have paid to receive your items.
- All goods will be inspected on return. In the unlikely event that an item is returned to us in an unsuitable condition, we may have to send it back to you and we will not issue a refund.
- The goods are your responsibility until they arrive back with us, so please make sure your return parcel is packed up properly and securely and can’t get damaged on the way.
- We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us by mistake, so please ensure that only the items you want to return to us are included in your parcel.
- We recommend you obtain proof of postage just in case your parcel gets lost on its journey back to us.
- For any queries relating to our returns policy or a return you have made please contact our Customer Care Team.
CANCELLATION RIGHTS FOR OUR EU CUSTOMERS
These cancellation rights are in addition to your right to return goods to us under our more generous and streamlined returns policy detailed above.
- If you are a customer based in the EU, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (UK) allows you fourteen (14) calendar days to cancel the contract for your order with us and we will issue you with a full refund of the price paid together with any standard delivery charge that you incurred to receive the parcel. If you opted for an enhanced delivery service, we will only refund the charges for standard delivery service to your delivery address.
- The fourteen (14) calendar days starts from the day after you receive your order.
- We need written confirmation of cancellation from you in this time period, so you'll need to complete the Withdrawal Form and send it back to us. You’ll find details on how to send this back to us on the Withdrawal Form itself.
- If you have already received your order or your order is on the way to you and we cannot intercept it, you will need to return to us the items from your order that you wish to cancel within fourteen (14) calendar days of hearing from us that we have received your Withdrawal Form. Once we receive your completed Withdrawal Form, we will write and let you know how to do this.
- The items you return must be unused and in their original unopened sealed tube packaging and will be inspected once we have received them. For hygiene reasons we are unable to accept cancellation of orders where the original sealed inner tube packaging has been opened or tampered with.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the cancelled items you return to us are packaged well enough that they won’t be damaged on the way back to us. In the unlikely event that an item is returned to us in an unsuitable condition, we may have to send it back to you. In this case we will not refund you.
- If we do not receive the cancelled order back, we may arrange to have it collected at your cost.
- Once we receive back items into our warehouse and they are inspected and deemed eligible for cancellation we will issue you a refund to your original payment method within fourteen (14) calendar days. Should we not receive the items back to our warehouse we will require you to provide us with proof of postage that you returned the items to us before we can start to process your refund. Once we receive the proof of postage we will issue your refund within fourteen (14) calendar days. However please be advised that UK banks can take up to an additional 5 working days to process the refund to your account – unfortunately this is outside our control.
- If you have any questions regarding your cancellation rights please contact our Customer Care Team.
HOW NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITE & SERVICES
You must not misuse this Website and Services. You will not commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Website or Services; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website or Services. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Services or this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this Website for commercial purposes, ('screen scraping') is prohibited without license.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SOFTWARE, CONTENT & PRODUCTS
The intellectual property rights in all software, content and product made available to you on or through this Website and Services remains the property of Perlesque or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Perlesque and its licensors.
You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website or the Services nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. No part of the Website or Services may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or database service without the prior written permission of Perlesque.
You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Perlesque or its licensors. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx are trademarks belonging to Perlesque. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are colourably similar without the written permission of Perlesque.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES
Uploaded material must not be defamatory of any person, contain material which is obscene, discriminatory, offensive, hateful, threatening or inflammatory, infringe any copyright database right or trademark of any other person, be likely to deceive any person, promote any illegal activity, be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person or be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Any material you upload to the Services or this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who we believe is validly claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any material posted by you. We have the right to remove any material or posting that you make on the Services or this Website.
You warrant that you own or have the right to use any material that you post and that any material you submit to this Website or the Services will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
The Services provide you with the ability to interact with social media services, such as through Facebook “Like” buttons, Twitter and otherwise. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control those social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your personal information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on our Services. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any content you upload.
DISCLAIMER OR LIABILITY
The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law Perlesque and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. This does not affect Perlesque's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
DISCLAIMER AS TO OWNERSHIP OF TRADE MARKS, IMAGES OR PERSONALITIES AND THIRD PARTY COPYRIGHT
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trademarks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Perlesque and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trademarks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trademark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Perlesque.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Perlesque, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this Website or any Services or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Perlesque shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services, any page of this Website and its Terms and Conditions.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected, all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise: please let us know if you have any complaints or comments by contacting us at email@example.com
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these Terms and Conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The above Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and us. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by two (2) Directors of Perlesque.